Sunday 27 April 2014

Fallen Angel by John McCuaig

As with some of my favourite fantasy stories, belief needs to be suspended before reading too much of this story. Having said that, the fun action in this story makes it worthwhile to not think too hard about why a Police Inspector who no longer has faith in God would suddenly start running around with a 'soldier' priest assisting him to commit crime after crime, to rid the world of a new evil that threatens to upturn everything. I made myself comfortable with this very quickly, by noting that these are extraordinary times - calling for extraordinary measures. The things the Police Inspector sees would have convinced her very quickly that there was something supernatural occurring. Once I had let this go, I could then get on with simply enjoying the action in this fantasy. And enjoy it I did... very much.

Well worth the read. And if the author writes a sequel, with the priest and the Maggie the Police Inspector finalising their clean up in other parts of the world, I will keenly chase that down as well, for another exciting read!



Gary Williams

View this book at Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment