Friday 14 February 2014

The Changeling Detective by Phillip Berrie

This book was intriguing and a lot of fun to read. The author manages to make the changeling thing quite believable, with his description of what he can and can't do... and we get to ride with the character in first person as he discovers new aspects of his ability he didn't know about. I suppose near death experiences will do that to you.

The twists and turns in this book are subtle, so that I was unaware of exactly how it managed to keep me so hooked all the way. I love the humour in this book! A little way into the book, the changeling detective decides the time has come for him to be honest about his abilities to a woman who becomes his new sidekick. Shortly after, as he is just about to become intimately involved with her, he tells her, "I can be any man you want me to be!"

The quality of this novel is superb. I hardly found any typos or omitted words (and I always do - even with the huge volume publications). I notice that the author offers services, such as continuity checking, to other indie authors. This novel is a shining beacon leading the way for other indie authors.

My only complaint about this book is that the sequel isn't written yet. So, you'd be doing me a big favour if you also read this book, and then also told the author to get on with writing a sequel!


Gary Williams

View this book at Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment