Thursday 28 November 2013

Forbidden Quest (Hypnotic Journey, #1) - Alaina Stanford

This book is, as the author says from the outset, a bit like a video game. A simple, quick, fun read that defines four characters in their 'normal' lives, then re-defines the four characters again as they enter their adventure world. This is interesting from a technical standpoint, as the characters that was a bit shy in the real world, suddenly becomes a powerful sorceress, and the complete bitch becomes a nature-loving elf, at one with - and importantly - in control of all the animals.

I'm not a romance fan at all - I could never read something that is purely a romance. But, this story is probably held together by romance - almost like an unseen substructure, which is good, because if I could see to much of it... it would probably put me off.

It kept me reading, waiting to see the fate of the fearless foursome (my name for them, not hers). I read that the author has many children (and grandchildren)? I hope they enjoy reading this as much as I did. It's a lot of fun.

I found myself feeling like I was a kid again, madly flipping the pages of one of Enid Blyton's 'Famous Five' books! All over... a lot of fun and you can read it in a few short sittings.

Gary Williams

View at Goodreads



No comments:

Post a Comment